It is that time of year where you go through and remember the amazing memories you made this past summer. You think about the action-packed vacations, spending time with family and friends, picnics, and swimming at the lake. After one of the final thoughts is – where did the summer go?
As the leaves start to change color, the air gets crisp, and you start to make crockpot meals getting ready for preseason sports – there are still many things that you can do to enjoy this fantastic season before the first snowfall.
Some fun activities that you can still mark on your calendar that are happening around the Black Hills are:
- Deadwood Jam – September 12 – 14 | Deadwood
- Stratobowl Historic Hot Air Balloon Launch – September 13 – September 15| Stratobowl Rim Trail – Rapid City
- Hilltoberfest – September 14 | Hill City
- Wine Express – September 14 | 1880 Train - Hill City
- Hills Beer Fun Run / Walk – September 15 | Spearfish
- Autumn Fest – September 21 | Spearfish
- Mount Rushmore Half Marathon – September 21 | Keystone
- 1880 Train Oktoberfest Express – September 23 | Black Hills Central Railroad
- Custer State Park 54th Annual Buffalo Round-Up and Arts Festival – September 26 – September 28 | Custer
- Walking Deadwood Zombie Run – September 27 | Deadwood
- Great Downtown Pumpkin Festival – September 28 | Rapid City
- Fall Volksmarch at Crazy Horse Memorial – September 29 | Crazy Horse Memorial
- Deadwood Oktoberfest – October 4 – October 5 | Deadwood
- Bierborse – October 5 | Rapid City
- Run Crazy Horse – October 5 – October 6 | Hill City
- Black Hills POWWOW – October 11 – October 13 | Rapid City
- Deadweird – October 25 | Deadwood
- Corn Maze and Pumpkin Patch | Spearfish
- Fall Festival at the Farm | Old McDonald’s Farm - Rapid City
Other great activities are to enjoy some of the beautiful hikes, driving through Custer State Park, Needles Highway, and Spearfish Canyon. There are some amazing things to do with your family and friends like going to the Corn Maze and Pumpkin Patch in Spearfish and visiting the Fall Festival at the Farm at Old McDonald’s Farm in Rapid City.
There are more details to come on the Fall Volksmarch at Crazy Horse and the Custer State Park 54th Annual Buffalo Round-Up and Arts Festival so stay tuned!